Gas explosion kills mother, daughter, one other in Ogun

0
200

A gas explosion which occurred at Oke Igbore Titun area of Abeokuta on Wednesday killed three persons, including a mother and her daughter while four others suffered varying degrees of burns.

The gas explosion was said to have been triggered by leakage from a hose used for passing refrigeration fluid into a freezer.

According to eyewitness account, the fire got ignited from an open fire from cooking gas already being used by a woman frying fish in the same room.

The incident occurred at exactly 2.44pm, and operatives of the state fire service and security agencies were drafted to the scene.

Residents of the area were also said to have assisted in rescue efforts.

The Public Relations Officer, Ogun State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps, Mr Babatunde Akinbiyi said the injured persons were taken to Federal Medical Centre, Abeokuta for medical attention.

He added that corpses of the mother and her daughter had been claimed by their relatives for burial while one was deposited at morgue in Ijaiye General Hospital, Abeokuta.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here