The Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, says he made attempt twice to reach President Muhammadu Buhari after the shooting of armless protesters at the Lekki Tollgate.
He said this on Thursday while featuring in an interview on Arise TV.
He said the first time he called, the President was not in the office, adding that the second time, he was said to be at the Federal Executive Council meeting.
He said, “I made phone calls to the President. I made calls twice yesterday (Wednesday). The first time, he hadn’t come to the office and the second time, he was at the FEC meeting.
“So, indeed, I have not spoken to him directly. I actually did call to speak with him. But like I said, he was at the FEC meeting and probably had his briefings.”
The governor also said the CCTV footage of the shooting was intact, and he would set up panel of enquiry into the incident.
In the last 48 hours, Lagos has come under heavy attacks from hoodlums who had engaged in destruction of public and private facilities, and equally been on looting spree.
From Surulere, Ikeja, Surulere to Lekki, and Ajah among others there has been no respite.
Recall that on Wednesday, Television Continental and The Nation newspapers were set ablaze by hoodlums.
According to the Editor of The Nation, Mr Niyi Adesina, the hoodlums who set the newspaper house on fire came on motorcycles allegedly wielding machetes and other dangerous weapons.
He said they also destroyed vehicles and carted away computers, laptops and other properties of the company.
Today, the gale of destruction has not subside, as many shops and facilities had been looted and set ablaze.
There is currently heavy security presence of riot policemen and the army around Ikoyi Correctional Centre, as the inmates were said to have put a section of the facility on fire, for a possible jailbreak.